Click to see larger image
Some thoughts on my morning routine...
- My Blackberry is like an extension of me. I feel horrible, like something is missing if I accidentally leave this precious device at home or (God forbid) anywhere else. Not only is it a phone, email delivery system, web browser and camera but also it is my alarm clock!
- I like a lot of time to get up and moving around. I want to be able to lounge, catch up on email and read all of my favorite blogs. Ali's blog always sparks my creative mind, but I'm also inspired by DesignWorkLife and Studio Calico. To get my pop culture fix, I turn to MamaPop. And Someecards never fails to make me laugh uncontrollably.
- If it is a really good day, my hair will just naturally flow easily into tangle-free, wavy curls. But that never happens. Like most naturally curly hair, mine requires a smoothing, anti-frizz serum, a good diffuser for blow drying on low and a quick prayer to the hair gods. I use this serum to achieve curl greatness.
- I am a lip gloss kind of girl. Lip gloss, not lipstick. I am currently using this for an everyday gloss. My shade? B Sexy. 'Nuff said.
- I live in Nebraska. In case you are unfamiliar, it gets extremely cold here during the winter. This year, my feet have been saved by wearing my Ugg slipper boots on a near constant basis. The boots are heavenly. So soft and so comfy. My feet stay warm and feel good, too.
- I don't really come alive until I have had my morning coffee. It's not the caffeine. Ok, it might be a little bit the caffeine. But I truly love the experience of drinking a Venti Skinny Vanilla Latte as I start my day. I am lucky because we have a Starbucks in the lobby at work. It's a habit and an expense but it never ceases to make me smile and appreciate my day. That's worth quite a bit.
PS I used this digital layered template by Ali Edwards to create my scrapbook page. The majority of the papers come from a kit designed by Jessica Sprague that came with one of her classes. Other paper came from Kate Pertiet and Jesse Edwards at Designer Digitals.