Sunday, December 4, 2011

Gratitude Sunday - I {heart} Christmas

click on image to see larger
I know it is hard to imagine, but I haven't always been a big fan of the Christmas holidays. I used to be quite a Scrooge, in fact. But my husband, Jim, is an amazing optimist and Christmas is his favorite time of the year. At first I just tolerated his enthusiasm...but being around him during the holidays is infectious.

And now, I {heart} Christmas.

He's made me a believer in the spirit of Christmas. He's made me look forward to Christmas. He's made me happy and cheerful to be around in December. He's made me anticipate Christmas carols in November. He's made me complete.

I saw this manifesto on Shimelle's blog the other day and it reminded me of everything that Jim has taught me. I am so grateful to have a partner that brings out the best in me. I am so grateful for Jim.

No comments:

Post a Comment