Sunday, June 27, 2010

Just Keep Climbing

I have been feeling so proud of Grand Master B these past few months. Since he's been home, he has been very serious about continuing to stay positive. He participates three times per week in an adolescent group program, as well as individual and family therapy. His mood and general outlook on life is so improved compared to one year ago. He will be entering into his senior year of high school with a C average. He has been working part-time at Taco John's. He has a very sweet girlfriend, although young love does seem to be a bit stormy at times. He is happy. He is striving for balance, like the rest of us.

Watching him work so diligently at keeping his life positive and healthy is inspiring from my viewpoint as his mother. But it is also painful at times. I want to help, to keep all the difficulties at bay, to protect my child. But I know these are lessons that he has to learn for himself. Doing the right thing, making the right choice is not always easy. In fact, it's almost always harder than the alternative but it is so necessary. I find that all I can do is remind him that I love him and that I am so proud of him. And remind him that I will always be beside him.

Knowing this story is at the forefront of our lives right now, I was inspired to create a scrapbook page documenting it. I showed it to B and he really liked it. I do, too.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your blog. Love the background left side. It`s beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, just popping over via Camp Scrap, I love your background and your header,see you in class !

    ReplyDelete