Sunday, February 5, 2012

Gratitude Sunday - For The Boy

Photo courtesy of Helga Weber

I've been thinking an awful lot this past week about my blessings. We found out that a good friend has advanced pancreatic cancer. It is inoperable. He is 40 years old and has two young sons.

Our neighborhood and circle of friends have come together in an impressive show of support and love. We are hosting 6 weeks of Sunday Fun Days culminating in a blowout event with live music and a silent auction. Local businesses have donated space for these events, food and drink, raffle prizes and auction items. Local residents have offered time, treasure and talent. I am amazed at the generosity and humbled by the depth of giving.

This week, I am grateful for my blessings. I am grateful to be a part of something special.

No comments:

Post a Comment