Sunday, February 21, 2010

It's All About Hope


This year I decided to focus celebrating the life I have been given. I feel that too often we focus on what is negative or lacking in our lives. We agonize over things that are going wrong, dissecting what we don't have or can't afford. And there is certainly something to be gained from honest assessment. But as with all things, if you focus on the negative then what you see first in any given situation is the negative.

And I just don't want to do that anymore.

So this year, I'm actively trying to see the positive in life. To really focus on all the gifts that are already present, the blessings already bestowed, the good stuff. But more than this, I want to know that more good stuff is out there. I want to take the time to appreciate the beauty that is in front of me everyday. I believe that I have the power to affect the course of my life. The trick is how...

For me, it all comes down to hope. It is the energy that fills my heart. It is foundation upon which I am building my future. It is the binding between me and my family. It is the language I speak in my innermost thoughts and dreams. It is my one little word.

I hope to grow in strength, love and trust in my husband. I hope to support my son and hold his hand in his journey toward wellness. I hope for peace in this family. I hope for excellence in my work. I hope for laughter and joy every day.

What do you hope for?
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment