Friday, February 19, 2010

So Very Out of Practice

I got to spend nearly all of today taking care of an absolutely, totally precious angel baby named Alyvia. Who happens to be 5 months old. Who is a bit unfamiliar with Auntie Jenn's house. Who completely kicked my patootie. That's correct - today I faced off with an infant. And the infant won.

Please let me explain.

I do not mean to imply that she was badly behaved or bad tempered. No, not that at all (I mean, she's only 5 months old - how bad could she be?). She was perfect. But taking care of a baby is inherently a lot of WORK, especially if one's only prior experience with this happened to occur, like, 16 years ago.

I am exhausted.

I commend every parent out there with a child (or, God forbid, children) under the age of 2. For relatively inert beings, babies are the ultimate energy suck. I don't remember doing anything particularly arduous or exertional, yet I feel like I got run over by a Mack truck. Not good...must start exercising...but that is another blog post all together friends.

I am ready to fall into bed and dream deeply. For probably the next hour or so. Did I forget to mention that Miss Alyvia is spending the night?
xoxo,
Jenn & Co

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment