Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Mini-Book Revealed

So it's been a really low key V-Day around this homestead. Jim worked all day and the winter weather interfered with Grand Master B's plans. He had hoped to have a special girl come over for the afternoon but it was all for naught. I felt so bad for him. On the plus side, his ride back to school in Seward was canceled due to snow, snow & more snow so he gets to stay for another night.

B brought home a beautiful silk rose for me and Jim picked out the loveliest card. I feel so special today. In return, I made both of them mini-books celebrating my love for them. As promised, I am sharing the finished product.

 
It's hard to tell from the (poorly) scanned photo but the cover is actually an acrylic piece shaped like  a bracket. It allows the reader to see through to the patterned paper underneath. I used elements and pages found in the House of 3 printable sweetie mini book and then added bits & pieces from my stash. 


The reverse of the acrylic page has the same element grouping as the front so as to completely hide the adhesive. I love how these Pink Paislee chipboard letters mix with their mini sticker letters. I am going to post the remaining pages below. If you have questions on technique, check out this great tutorial the Heidi Swapp posted on her blog.

 
  
  
  
I don't have a great supply of crepe paper or thick ribbons to place in between the folds along the spine, but I did have a super cool roll of gaffer tape by 7 Gypsies that features handwriting. It looks all fancy & vintage-y - very cool. I used this to strengthen the binding folds. Thanks for looking & let me know what you think. 

Here's looking ahead at the next week. Despite it being President's Day, I will be working bright and early. Hope you all have a wonderful Monday

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment